Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 4: Hey, who wants Indian food?

Day 4 Jan 17 am


After a pretty solid two or so hours of sleep we’re up and moving. We went down toi have breakfast and guess what they had...you guessed it, INDIAN FOOD! It was pretty good although I have absolutely no clue as to what we ate although the fry bread and savory donuts were pretty solid. I do know they had sambala there which was good but the highlight for me was the pulled tea. It’s a bit like chai tea without the chai psices but it’s very good. My taste buds got a pretty good wake up though since the food was pretty spicy already. You’d think a country so close to the equator and is hot all the time would have cooler food. You’d be wrong. Today is a rest day but we’re trying to get as adjusted as possible so we might go do a little exploring on our own for a while. Oh yeah, after flipping around channels for a while I finally found some english TV and guess what- Tom Hanks! A nice solid 80’s Tom hanks movie alwyas warms the heart.

Also, while flipping around channels we came across The Sandlot 2. I was left with so many questions. Why did they do a second one, wasn’t The Sandlot good enough or was it too good that they thought they could cash in on a second one? Who greenlit this idea without having remotely seen let alone read the script? Why were both Luke Perry and Meatloaf so prominently involved? Why did Luke Perry’s character turn down so many other lucrative offers from other teams to stay with the Dodgers if he was a future Hall of Famer? You’d think the Dodgers would’ve ponied up some more scratch for a future HOF’er. This movie was so indescribably bad I can’t believe we allowed this out of the country. Hasn’t there been enough carnage in our country because of the people who sat through that piece of crap? Did we really need to allow more people to suffer? And in India no less. Suffering is all over the country and now we give them The Sandlot 2? That’s just cruel. Can we all agree that Meatloaf should no longer be allowed in, around, or anywhere near any more movie sets? Good, glad that’s settled. And to answer your question, yes, I really am watching TV in India.

Mark walked in and asked if I had showered yet. When I said no, all he said back was, “Lemme know how that goes.” Awesome. OK, off to try and shower in the bucket. Cheers.

Didn't use the bucket but as it turns out it wasn’t that bad other than getting used to showering literally in the bathroom itself with water going everywhere. I figured I’ll take a little extra water going everywhere as opposed to a bucket being used like I was washing a car. Plus with the two drains that were in there I figured that may have been the original intent.

Note: I am now a HUGE fan of my shower. Lots of room and I don't care if water goes all over the place, the whole room is a shower. Plus, since I like multi tasking, I can shower, shave and deuce in the same room, at the same time. Wait, forget that last part.

Added note: Mark said he tried the bucket thing and said he liked it. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment